View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 11:14   Link #87
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Like I said.

Its not 100% accurate, and there are exceptions. But BB and CHopper are the EXCEPTIONS and not the rule.

I said generally speaking, did you even read what i wrote?

..I know the manga. Of course the bounty system is flawed as a measure of strength, and I know there are some rare cases where the WG does not know the true threat of a character or else assigns a higher bounty which does not correspond to strength. But GENERALLY speaking higher bounty = higher strength. Do you not understand what 'generally speaking' actually means?

:rolls eyes:
Yes, I completely read what you wrote and I understand what "generally speaking" means. I don't need you to lecture me about this because I've had plenty of discussions about bounties and what constitutes them (primarily threat, not strength).

There are a few factors that determine how large a bounty can be:

1) How long has the person been a pirate/criminal?

2) How heinous were the actions that they committed, and how many of them have caught the attention of the World Govenment?

3) Location of residence? Someone who resides in the New World is most likely going to have a higher bounty than someone who resides in the Grand Line, given that the New World is a very dangerous domain to stay in, let alone survive.

4) Knowledge that is detrimental to the World Government. Robin received a bounty of 79 million at the age of 8 just for having knowledge of the poneglyphs and being a survivor of the Ohara incident. I don't think I need to elucidate on this any further.

5) Affiliations with other factions? Connections can make a criminal potentially more dangerous.

In addition to these factors, bounties are determined by the World Government and Marines based on how dangerous they perceive the criminals to be. They don't completely know the true potential or strength capabilities of their targets (who would know the criminals better than the criminals themselves?), and therefore it is a fallible argument to suggest that bounties serve as an accurate indicator of strength (due to ignorance on the part of the WG and Marines). I think I've explained myself well enough to you, and if you're still not convinced, I have something ready just in case.