View Single Post
Old 2009-11-16, 19:57   Link #35
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
True... technically, even the Radeon 3850 is like twice as fast as the graphics chip in the PS3 (very similar to the 7950GT) and the 4850 is probably twice again as fast as that. More than enough to make up for the fact that 1680X1050 (the res of a 22 inch PC monitor) is nearly twice the pixel count of the 720P console standard...

I'm actually getting kind of worried about what's going to drive new hardware sales in the future seeing as someone needs to pay R&D bills for ATI, nVidia, etc... I guess there still are a few PC exclusives or consoles with extra graphical features though.
I'm hoping this change in the hardware market changes the way games are made. I don't know about you, but I'm constantly tired of games that are all about pretty shiny pictures and have no depth of storytelling, memorable characters or gameplay that isn't boring as all hell.

I'm hoping that this insane graphics arms-race dies out. I'm hoping the netbook revolution will make enough people realize that they don't need super-powerful computers to do everyday tasks. I'm hoping that this forces game developers to focus more on story, gameplay and writing than the newest 3D rendering fuckery.

Planned obsolescence is no fun. Wouldn't it be nice to have a PC last a few years before it's obsolete? =P

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2009-11-16 at 20:10.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote