View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 21:19   Link #160
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So... Kyousuke playing eroges = fast-paced lifestyle that Manami can't keep up to?

Kyousuke playing eroges = complicated life that Manami would find unhappy and lacking in calmness?
It's not just about playing eroge or living an otaku life. He is now involving himself in whole new circles of friends and relationships that are quite apart from his original life. And what's the link in the story pushing in him that direction if, in the end, he decides to go back to the safe, regular life that Manami represents?

I'm not saying that Manami isn't potentially compatible, but I think that the show is setting up a contrast between the type of life he originally said he wanted in the first episode, and the sort of life he is moving towards. That is why episode 6 is such a stark contrast and doesn't exactly feel like it fits in to the rest of Kyousuke's now-current life. Of course no matter what he decides to do, he could fall in love with Manami, but what will draw him to her? Where is the pull -- the appeal? I think he will find him self pulled in directions that take him further away from Manami, as we have seen thus far. For him to then go back to Manami takes a deliberate effort/choice on his part, and so far he seems resistant to making that sort of choice.

Not saying it can't happen. But, I don't see anything in the story so far that suggests that is what's happening, yet. I don't think it's enough for Kyousuke to end up with Manami as a sort of "consolation prize".