View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 18:01   Link #12
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I am still slightly behind on the series this Spring, but at least from watching the first episodes of the new Spring series, I know that this is going to be a very strong season. I don't see myself picking up Hyouka or AKB0048 but I suppose I could fit them in(maybe)

Anyway:

Name of Series: Area No Kishi
Episodes Watched: 14
Rating: B
Comments: Episodes 13 and 14 set up that Enoshima has some work to do before they can contend with the top teams like Kama High and so forth. Kakeru discovers that he has a really great feint technique but has yet to be able to do it in a game. Interesting character development moments too for many characters. It's now pretty solid and Spring is a good season for it I think.
Status (Keep/drop/stall): Keep

Name of Series: Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Episodes Watched: 1
Rating: A-
Comments: Having seen the shorts, the full-length anime is much better. Nyarko is a very compelling and zany character, and seeing a male tsundere is refreshing. The comedy just hits the right spots for me, and I say that sanity is overrated really.

Name of Series: Mouretsu Pirates
Episodes Watched: 14
Rating: A
Comments: Still a very easy watch for me, and still a lighthearted pleasure that keeps drawing me back. Last few episodes increase the interaction between Gruelle and Marika and Grunhilde joins Marika's growing space harem. The next arc is looking interesting and glad that Chiaki seems to be a major part of it. Missing Jenny who graduated. Changing OP/ED is nice too.

Name of Series: Ozuma
Episodes Watched: 4
Rating: B+
Comments: Story seems to borrow quite a bit from Dune and a little from Gattaca. Bainas and Gido are still the most compelling characters and the show basically strongly hinted that Sam's brother is not as dead as thought. The sand submarine tactics are very nice to see too.

Name of Series: Sakamichi No Apollon
Rating: A
Comments: Watanabe still has his grove after all these years. Great pacing, well done character moments. Kaoru is such a refreshing change as far as NoitaminA protagonists go(going from Shuu to him is like going from Yanni to Beethoven). Music is really well done too

Name of Series: Tasogare Otome X Amnesia
Rating: B
Comments: First episode skips ahead a little and is basically a lighthearted intro. Yuuko is mischievious and well-stacked for a ghost girl. Teiichi is likeable so he's got that going for him. Really though, almost nobody will see you copping a feel of the ghost girl in the dumbwaiter so that "not what it looks like" reaction was gold. Makes me interested in knowing more though

Name of Series: Uchuu Kyoudai
Episodes Watched: 2
Rating: A-
Comments: Mutta is relatable protagonist, and it is quite rare for the MC to be in his 30s. Love the series love affair with space, and how it shows Mutta trying to rebuild his life and find his true calling. Just an excellant series and loving the very realistic sci-fi.

Name of Series: Yurumates 3D
Episodes Watched: 2
Rating: C+
Comments: It's a 3 min show, so it's not a bother to watch. Just has a few jokes, but doesn't yet have much of a storyline. It is entertaining though
Status (Keep/drop/stall): Keep(for now)

Will post thoughts on Fate/Zero in a week or two. Added Medaka Box, Upotte and Saki: Achiga-Hen to backlog of shows that I will get around to watching later this year. My schedule is quite busy with 8 full-length shows and a short. Sakamichi no Apollon, Uchuu Kyoudai and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san are looking like three very strong shows that might not get the attention that the Undead 3 will, but I am very satisfied with them so far(and Mouretsu Pirates is still very good too)
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote