View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 22:00   Link #634
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Not much of a difference between soloing the boss for three quarters, as he did, and soling the boss entirely.

Of course it becomes harder to lavel up later on, but the difference is just way too huge.
Compare 70-somewhat levels in the first year to a measly 7 levels in the last six months, barely 10 %. That's ludicrous. If he had been at level 50 after the first year and then level 75 after the second year, that would've been believable, but the present difference is way too huge.

Now that was a really good one XD
Major parts of the story obviously aren't planned at all, but rather the plot is stumbling along and reeks awfully of "Make up stuff as I go". Characters, items, skills etc. generally get introduced whenever it's convenient for the plot, and are quickly forgotten again once they've outlived their usefulness. Or do you really expect we'll ever hear again e.g. of the flower that resurrects pets, about which Kirino just conveniently happened to know just when he needed it for Silica's pet? Heck, I even doubt we'll ever hear again of Silica (bit of a shame, though).

Actually, I'm judging it by its contents - my judgement would've been far better, had I only judged about the cover.

Edward D. Wood, Jr. also did an incredible work when he wrote Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Quite the opposite - having Kirino lose would be the only way for the author to show that he *isn't* "horribad".
While breaking continuity with how easily Kirito defeated the boss before, it would show that the author had learned from his previuos mistake that you shouldn't make a character too overpowered, because otherwise all battles are just plain boring.
Having Kirito lose would make things at least interesting, instead of having some dull fight where Kirito wins easily once again.

Because Kirito soloing the boss (at least by three quarters) is just plain retarded, making him look way too overpowered.

Authors have much less of a say than you think about what gets changed and what not, when an anime is created.
They very well could (and should) have changed this boss battle into something that would've made more sense. Fixing obvious and major flaws in the source material is what every good director should do, rather than adapting them unthinkingly.
For starters - Holy damn, I saw an update in here, came to check...many things were directed to me O.o I feel flattered.

1 - Sorry, the difference is huge. Unless you haven't played an MMO/MMORPG, I can let that one pass. 25% is huge, and I think everyone should think the same way. I mean, come on 25% is 1/4...Even in exams, if a right answer gives you 25% it's a big advantage, just think for a bit...

2 - I'm quite sure that in every game, that isn't what you're saying. Everytime your lvl goes up, you need more exp. At high levels it sometimes start even being the double of your last level experience. This is probably the case. If you don't think like that, go play an MMO and try to get to lvl 90 in less than 3 years. ( If it has a cap of like, 100 or so, since this " world " has 100 floors, the cap should be lvl 100. ) - Had to edit this, since I forgot. -> 3 years without using " double experience " items or so, which you can normally buy with " real money ", because I think you can't do that in this game, and probably if you can use sometimes " double experience items ", it's probably pretty rare.

3 - It isn't just as it is convenient, atleast not to me. And yes, probably we will hear about all those characters. You're not going to expect them to keep appearing in every single episode, are you? How would the plot develop then? " Oh my, he is having an adventure with litle Silica, too bad he can't go to the front lines, since she isn't a high level person. " - Too bad Lizbeth already appeared, which shows you're wrong in that part. ( What I mean is, they haven't forgotten about those characters. ) ( That flower, I think they won't mention it anymore, there's no reason to mention it, atleast I can't see any reason. )

4 - By now I already know you can't be pleased easily, I'm not even gonna try to give you some reasoning in here, I already know you're a hater, atleast in this anime. Lol.

5 - " Edward D. Wood, Jr. also did an incredible work when he wrote Plan 9 from Outer Space. " - Seriously? Seriously???? What does this have to do with this? So what if he did an incredible work? Reki Kawahara did an incredible job in here too, if you don't think so, just say it. You don't like the anime? Don't watch, geez I don't know how people can be so difficult...( Have you read the novel? If you did, well, I must tell you, not many people think Reki Kawahara didn't do a good job. ) - If you were being sarcastic, I must tell you, I never heard of him, nor his " Plan 9 from outer Space "

Nothing to say about the other comment you made, since it wasn't directed to me

6 - It doesn't make him really " Over powered ", he nearly dies, with the Boss starting with less HP, cmon man, think a bit, how is someone, who nearly dies, agaisn't someone who has his HP lowered by 25%, defeating with that big advantage, and still nearly dying, being OP? I really can't understand this.

7 - Actually, I had read about this somewhere, I can try to find and show you, in case you think I'm lying. I only read once about this, so yeah, you're probably right. Please, don't kill me for not going as deep as you to know if your information is 100% accurate... - But still, that fight agaisn't the Boss wouldn't be changed by any person who actually thinks. It was made that way, to show his new skills and show how powerful yet dangerous those skills are.
Even then, the author has some " talks " in this one. If he wants to something be made 100% as it was in the manga/LN, either they accept, they try to make a bit diff but not far different, or the show won't go on. Just like..let's say ( I heard this somewhere ) Naruto, the author said he never wanted Naruto's hair to be cut in fights or w.e ( IIRC ). - If I'm wrong about this too, well, sorry. I wasn't trying to act like I know a lot of things about this, since I've never really searched about this, atleast not much. My bad.

But please, just tell me, are you seriously thinking he has been " slacking off "? Have you ever played an MMO game? ( Not being ironic or anything, I really want to know how could you say that if you played MMOs... )

Edit: I was just confused, the Director is the one who says how it is, however, the author does still choose some things, doesn't he?

Last edited by Karakuri; 2012-09-06 at 23:07.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote