View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 20:30   Link #860
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Hmmm, I don't really know what you could call theme, sounds like a job for the fanfic thread What we're doing is giving them a technical name/military nomenclature and a "nickname", example: "T08A2 Arakuneada", and T08A3 "White Widow". In the case of RA, T-xx Rhino in the case of soviets? Jerries would use either the Sdkfz. designation or the specific vehicle name i.e. Pzkpf x. hmm i should call the light gallian a LichterPzkfp. traditionally they'd use a mark, but i might opt for the calibre of the gun or year of design...
Well, the Soviet MBT is the KV-85, supplemented with the KV-110. The High-end tank is the IS-125-2, but we call them the Hammer, Rhino and Apocalypse tanks, respectively.

So, the Imperials could find themselves getting the 'P' (for Panzer), with a letter before and a number after for the main gun (the light tank = LP-45 [I think], medium = MP-76, heavy = SP-122/76. The PZ-85... guess.)

(Or, Light Tank = Lichte Panzer, Medium = Mittlepanzer, Heavy = Schwere Panzer, Destroyer = Panzerzerstoerer, since the Imps use names like 'Kar' and 'PL', since the P stands for Panzer.)

The Gallians only use one other tank besides the Edelweiss (Shamrock not withstanding), and I'll probably call that the GT-1

Quote:
Oh noes circle strafe?
Not quite, since it would be impossible against more than one Soviet tank (and a good Soviet player always sends them out plural).

Quote:
now i really want VC models >.> they're like hugs xD
anyone have any idea how or where to start looking?
Google might be one place. Search for 'how to rip models from PS3 Games' or something.

Quote:
especially if you don't want to get a GI speaking whenever you select Alicia or something xD
Well, I could end up using Tanya's voice for Alicia (and Rosie, Edy, Susie, etc), since it would make way more sense than clicking on any of the above and getting "SQUARED AWAY SIR! HOO-AH! YOU GOT IT! DIGGIN' IN!" wouldn't it? Also, for lulz: Clicking on Selvaria and getting "Conscript reportingk. Moving Out. Attacking... You are sure?". Speaking of that, I found a use for the lines for selecting wounded squadmembers. You'd hear Alicia going '...this can't be good...' at the same time a Conscript would go 'Mommy!'

Quote:
hahahaha xD well, at least they'd be useful, Alicia rush anyone?
A fine counter to Soviet Conscript Spam. Albeit, the Alicia:Conscript ratio would be 1:10, and Conscripts never come one by one (so, if you have ten Alicias, a Soviet player could have 100 conscripts... enough to just overwhelm them).

Quote:
yea, but we don't have a mapmaker yet >.< i've been meaning to check it out but, busy busy >.>
I'd say 'aye', but I don't have Company of Heroes.

Quote:
yesh, my methods are bootleg =_=
Well, they work, don't they?
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote