View Single Post
Old 2010-06-14, 11:55   Link #2331
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Both endings to the original story are like the two sides of the same coin. Though honestly, it took longer for EoE to grow on me.

The TV ending is definitely unique and represents to me making the best of the situation-- it is really what you make out of it. If I were to summarize what I like about Evangelion, it's definitely the emotional honesty.
I enjoy both endings for what they are worth.

However, I do realize in the end, it is better for everyone to have EoE over the TV series ending because in the TV ending, all our questions were never really answered.

It was a complete lack of closure that was the real ticket to pissing off a lot of fans.

However we must realize that the endings while seemingly parallel, where the end of the TV series reflects much of what is going on in the ehads of the characters of EoE, do not necessarily end the same.

It is arguable that Shinji chose to be complemented in the TV series, while Shinji chose differently in EoE.

What really happened in the End of the TV series? Only Anno knows. But I look at both the TV ending and EoE as you do, two sides of the same coin. They serve to complement each other rather than to be replacements of one another.

As for Rebuild, I guess time will tell... But things aren't looking too good based on what's transpired in Evangelion 2.0. I probably should just start looking at it as some sort of big flashy fanfiction...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote