View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 15:18   Link #89
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
But you said you believe he's "just out to have fun", so basically you see the "greater point to his actions" as a mere coincidence? Because that's where I disagree and what I meant when I said such a view was doing a disservice to his character. The way I see it, the greater point to his actions is very much intentional and key to his character and I doubt he would even bother with them if all they amounted to in his eyes was temporary entertainment. And though said entertainment is definitely something he takes into consideration (after all he discards pawns who have become boring and claims to believe Kougami will be very entertaining), I would say that even his personal desires go beyond simply enjoying himself.

But of course that's up in air still, so perhaps more definitive discussion on this is better left for future episodes.
Well, yes, you could say they're a coincidence. Basically, I do think he has these revolutionary, world-shaking goals, but they seem to be closely related to his desire for 'chaotic fun.' He has an interest in the philosophy behind his actions and I think perhaps even finds some irony in his own ways of going about things - heroic in a sense, but the means are deadly and dangerous; he's mostly trying to shake things up because he finds that kind of world better, more normal, and more enjoyable. I don't see any type of sacrifice or heroism on his part.

And yes, you're right, we don't necessarily know where his character will lead to in future episodes. My viewpoint could be completely contradicted. Then again, it could always be kind of ambiguous and open for interpretation.