View Single Post
Old 2012-11-13, 15:51   Link #49
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

As usual, Mahou's (worhtless) two cents of opinion about Episode 6:
- I. It was interesting that this episode featured two plots at the same time. The obvious Aoyama breaking point and the sudden(?) part about Jin's plan to study at Osaka + his intention to inform Misaki about it by himself. Continuing on that road we had as a paralell developpment Misaki's honest wish to get romantically noticed by Jin. Now this is a typical misunderstanding, I think. Jin doesn't want to step-up until he thinks he's worthy enough for her, yet Misaki thinks he simply doesn't see her as girlfriend material (at least my impression). Feel free to correct me. I liked this side of Misaki.
- II. A rather soon breaking point for Aoyama AND a very supportive and perceptive Mashiro. The meaty part of the episode was indeed quite great. Mashiro's request to let her go + her bowing down was one of the peak points of showing her feelings in a open manner. And her offer of using first-name basis as the proof of a (starting) friendship or at least acceptance. The AoyamaxSorata moments were done quite well à la the rain scene when she "confessed" her troubles. And her talk with the plushed animal was entertaining as well. "Just push him down on your bed" a Mashiro's smile at the end = pure gold. The other "smaller" scenes like Aoyama giving the Mashiro-duty back to Sorata + her acknowleding that Mashiro worked all-night long despite being a genius were nice as well.

Random small comments
- Sorata got pwned by his cat when she/he tapped ono the mouse button and set away his game concept was classic
- The dorm lady's first action where she actually did something useful O_O. Wonders do happen afterall.
- I wished they made a bit more out of Mashiro's first released manga-in-magazine seeing that Sorata offering to buy it together in the previous episde mader her happy, but I understand that her worries about Aoyama took priority.
- Jin's as perceptive as usual and I prefer him in this "adviser" role.