View Single Post
Old 2008-03-09, 19:04   Link #101
cloudninja

That chase scene where Shin is shown furiously trying to catch up to Hiromi is probably the closest that he has come to 'flying' so far. He experienced a moment of clarity and decided to go after Hiromi without worrying about anything else unlike before. It might end up standing out as one of the more memorable scenes in any anime show of this genre for me.

I do think expectations were probably raised too high after seeing that scene even though major progress was made. I don't think they declare their love for each other right after that scene even though at least some of their feelings were conveyed to each other. It's definitely more than just Shin reaching out to Hiromi to offer a shoulder to cry on and offering support for her yet I feel it's probably going to fall short of being a confession for now. I wouldn't mind being wrong about it at all. His last words before falling off the bike were "I...I..you!". What was the missing word? Was he yelling "I love you!" before falling off his bike?

The preview clip shows Hiromi sitting under a large window with a pink curtain which I don't remember seeing in any room at Shin's house. Her room there had several smaller windows so that makes me think that she went ahead with moving out instead of going back to his house.

They both haven't officially broken up with the ones they were set up with even though Hiromi tried on her end. As for Shin, he might need Noe to do it for him instead of him doing it himself. I somehow don't expect a real confession and full 'flight' from Shin until sometime after that happens. The writers are going to find ways to drag this out for a while longer.

Edit: The lyrics to that song in the chase scene were nice. Fitting for Shin and Hiromi considering their shared memories, their present situation, and their desired future together. Makes sense considering it was probably written with this scene in mind. I wonder if they're going to have another nice song or two later in the show that we haven't heard that will be on the next CD.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-09 at 21:45. Reason: added comment about lyrics