View Single Post
Old 2008-12-22, 11:33   Link #798
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Yes but kaname sacrificed himself to give yuki that happy life. So the story in itself is a tragedy. I loved chapter 46.
What exactly did Kaname sacrificed? Everything he did was calculated. Kaname is a very intelligent person.

All he did was wait for the right time to turn Yuuki into a pureblood. The right time was when he was about to be set free. Free from his master known as Rido. He made Zero the sacrificial lamb to free himself and gain all his ambition.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is what Kaname has done up to now.

-He has personal classmates/dormates/friends/bodyguards that is deeply loyal to him.

-He drank Shizuka's blood to make him stronger. While blaming Zero for her death.

-He let Zero drank his blood to prevent him from turning into a level E, in order to protect Yuuki. And little did we know then that he would have a grander scheme for Zero. (Yeah he sacrificed a little of his blood there.)

-He let Yuuki awaken hereby regaining all her memories and all that is left of her love for Kaname.

-He gave Zero again his blood and made him kill Rido(well with the help of Zero's brother he became the ultimate vampire hunter). While saying something like even if he goes crazy and tries to kill all the vampires. He will never hurt Yuuki.

-After Zero killed Rido. Kaname appeared and tries to kill Zero.

All these accomplished is getting the Vampire throne. Getting Yuuki for himself. Isolating Zero.And setting himself free from his master. There is nothing Tragic about Kaname.

Kaname gained too much for it to be called tragic.

Kaname is like the prince who plotted to overthrow the King. While leaving the protection of his princess to the knight. The knight then killed the king and the prince gets all the glory. Then the knight expendable as he is then is left by the prince and the princess, thrown away like garbage after the prince gained his ambition. The knight then is left alone with no one else to hold dear, while the prince and the princess live happily ever after.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote