View Single Post
Old 2011-05-26, 04:19   Link #13
sayde

I hope some of you are right about her changing throughout this series. Because I've just finished episode 5, and honestly, despite just getting some more background info on her, and witnessing how she'll gradually start to warm up to Ohana from here on out, I don't feel like any of that completely excuses her from acting like a total b**** up till now. I mean I realize our main female protagonist has done a couple things to accidentally give Minko some trouble earlier on, but from the way I see it, she's done far more things to make it blatantly obvious that she's got nothing but the best intentions in mind and wants nothing more than to be her friend. So yeah...still not really liking her so far. I suppose in hindsight, the way in which she handled that confession at school also didn't do much to sway my impression of her for the better. There's plenty of more mature, appropriate, respectful, and tactful ways of dealing with delicate situations like that. With the little speech she gave and the manner in which she delivered it, she might as well have kicked the poor guy in the nuts and castrated him while she was at it.

*edit*
Since I'm on the subject of the confession she got, it occurred to me that another reason I'm not liking her at all is because I was put off by what she claimed to want out of a boyfriend. IIRC, she said something about wanting a guy "with a sharp tongue, but is actually kind". I read that and couldn't help but immediately equate it to disturbing scenarios of girlfriends and wives who think it's okay to excuse and endure constant verbal & emotional abuse from the men they're with (some of whom can actually be pretty hardworking folks w/ plenty of initiative to spare ironically) just because they believe they're supposedly "kind" and good-natured people on the inside. So here I can't help but feel a sense of resentment towards her tastes on top of everything else.

</end rant>
Okay, now lets see where this goes within the next few eps. I've yet to see an anime featuring a Tsundere character I've come to change my opinion on as the series progresses. Usually, I'll either not mind said tsundere's personality from the very beginning or I'll start out disliking the character and always will. Perhaps this series will prove unique to me in that regard.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-05-26 at 05:40.