View Single Post
Old 2008-05-19, 19:54   Link #1
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Share me some goodies!

Ok I posted in someone elses thread, but didn't get much out of it. So I would like to create my own thread just to bring more attention...

-----------
Can you guys recommend/filter anime that falls into the category of drama/romance based on:

Shows that I liked: KGNE(heavy fav), True Tears(heavy fav), Ef - a tale of memories (heavy fav), Shuffle (above average, but not as good as previous two), Onegai teacher(fav), REC(fav), Chrno Crusade(fav), Fate/Stay Night(heavy fav), Claymore (not really romance, but I think it helps give you guys an idea- heavy fav).

Shows that I hated: Kanon, Air TV, Ah My goddess, midori days, maburaho, and saikano.

To explain why I hated these six, they were simply just boring to me. Kanon I dropped after ep 2, but I finished Air and realized I wasted my time. Ah My goddess was just so damn slow paced and boring, and I guess so-so character designs played a part in it. Midori Days... actually i'm not sure if this was a romance, but I think it was and I remember it was just plain stupid, along with maburaho. Saikano started out horrible and ended up dropping that too. I thought it was incredibly slow placed and on top of that, character designs aren't what i'm looking for.

Something to note: I realize that Clannad is very popular, but i also see its character design similar to Kanon and Air TV, which I do not like at all so I will not watch it.

I don't know what kind of trend I have, but I think I prefer a certain type of character design. It doesn't matter how "good" a series is, if I don't like looking at the character designs, it will be like torture for me. If you can recommend stuff close to shuffle, kgne, ef, true tears, fate/stay night, that would be best. (Does school days fit this list?)

Obviously a romance has to have some substance and emotional impact in it, if it doesn't have these I probably will drop it (ie Maburaho - although i liked the designs here more than kanon/air duh... lol).

I am currently watching 5 centimeters per second, kimikiss, kanokon.

Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Edit: How is ToLoveRu and itazura na kiss? Those don't seem to bad and fit my "trend."

------

Also if you have some action anime that is good, might as well list it down. I liked gundam seed/00, code geass, FMP (all of em), noir, madlax, black lagoon, gunslinger girl, tenjou tenge, ikkitousen (lol), and that's all I can think of. Post away!