View Single Post
Old 2008-12-19, 16:02   Link #3024
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
To use the Nanoha philosophy, Outer Moka has sentience, emotions and can talk to people. In that regard, she is a person. To see her being treated as less than one by most of this thread is disconcerting.
It's not like we think of Outer Moka as some sort of A.I./android ... If this was something akin to a soul possession or two souls/one body, then yes, I would understand perfectly why Tsukune did what he did.

Inner and Outer are two sides of the same coin (coin = Akashiya Moka) but each side is not a coin unto itself... With that said, one can argue that if one takes one side of the coin away, it's not a full coin either but this complicates the issue thanks to the lovely little item called the 'rosario'.

Inner Moka doesn't like being compared to Outer Moka since she thinks that Outer is 'weaker' than she is. So, to quote a phrase, her 'supreme pride as a vampire' doesn't allow for any sort of weakness to be shown but since she's rosario'd she can't do anything about it either - Outer is still 'her'. I think of Inner and Outer as this: 'Inner' is technically the 'outer shell' of Akashiya Moka. The 'outer shell' was meant to protect her 'inner heart' which I delegate to Outer Moka. Akayshia Moka is really kind and sweet and caring but to survive just in her own home, she had to be strong. Kindness was seen as weakness so she hid it behind her strength and fighting ability. She sparred with Kokoa almost daily - this was her way of showing she cared about Kokoa and spending time with her (Kokoa became too clingy and Moka said 'see ya').

Moka also has a reputation to live up to - being a vampire - an S-class youkai - she has to do things a certain way - it's expected of her from everyone. Being rosario'd meant that she didn't have to live that way - she was 'free' of those expectations. If you remember how she threatened Kurumu with snapping off her wings and Tsukune intervened, when Kurumu began to cry, Inner let out a breath as if she was holding it. She wasn't mad that Kurumu attacked her - she was mad that she was threatening Tsukune's life and for that, she was going to cripple her. Of course she can't say it like that since she's a vampire and everything is about 'them' to begin with.