View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 18:09   Link #4
Kyuu
=^^=

I'll get back to you after I go through Sword Art Online... in which... I have no knowledge of any other incarnation of it -- other than the animation.

This brings me to this point: I avoid other media forms, and simply stick to the animated version. This keeps me in the "bliss of ignorance", per say, of the material presented in the other media, such as print, video game, novel, etc. In doing so, I leave my first impression of a franchise name to the animations. If I ever with to go any further, then I explore the other media formats, which I rarely do.

It's easy to get caught up in the disappointments in the animated format, when one is already familiar with the story in another format. This leads to expectations, which may or may not be fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think the problem is that source material readers inevitably have this idea in their head about how a story should be adapted based on what they would do if they were in charge and how they pictured things when they read the material.

Indeed. That is a good root to the issue; AND ironically, one person's viewpoint and interpretation will not agree with that of others. Thus, if said person created the animation format of said material, then there will be plenty of others in line to complain.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote