View Single Post
Old 2011-01-18, 19:00   Link #1963
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
What would both of you say to, upon the introduction of Touru, that he turns out to be a long lost relative of Utsumi's? Probably overkill; I don't think it'd stand a good chance to prolong the manga. I can't think of any other devices that'd make things more interesting while reading past the resolution of the Touru situation, unless it takes a page out of the KNIM book and adds in meddling relatives.
If that cheap ploy was true, he would have recognized him back at the festival, wouldn't he have? I think they've met there already. Right now new drama probably will come from Utsumi working at that photo atelier and getting too close to the girl assistant there, making Yuki display her insane jealousy yet again and making Utsumi run around in circles yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I wouldn't mind reading a nice 10~15 chapters of him doing silly couple stuff with Yuki, though. Most mangas lack a good epilogue, IMO.
True, the endings are often short and lacking even for mangas that end naturally without getting the axe early on. And this genre in particular is susceptible to the "cheap drama - x year separation (study abroad, w/e, no mail or phone of course) - reunion in tears and joy" kind of ending.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote