Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 20:30   Link #2300
Undertaker

On the greedy marketing thing, that was more of Anti-talk than anything. AKB's way of selling CD, is now pretty much the standard. Besides, looking from an subjective view, while you can way taht having different C/W songs in different edition is under-handed tactic to get fans buy multiple copies. It is also a fact that for the same amount of money, an AKB or 48-group singles CD gives you more value for the money than other artist's single.

For an AKB CD, you not only get the CD, but a DVD with MV on them as well as various bonus footage like behind-the-scene, comedy sketches, etc. In addition, there are tickets for handshake event, 3.5x5 member photo, votes for election and AX100 concerts. That's not counting the shop specific goodies you get. They also discounted regular edition have just the CD, thus makes it cheaper then other artist's single.

In essence, all they did was taking the Limited Edition concept that you often see in videogames and manga and applied it to music industry. It's hardly anything new, but probably helped due to it's Akihabara root. I mean, really, a lot of its current marketing direction were the result of the meetings the management had with its core fans (mostly otakus at time) during the earliest stage of AKB's existence.

As for there music, the win Japan Music Record, and runner up before that is acknowledgement enough even if I personally think the group have many other songs that were better and Fly Get or even Beginner.

I'm just happy that there is going to be a 2nd season.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-22 at 23:55.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote