View Single Post
Old 2013-08-06, 02:47   Link #54
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Who said he didn't know how to use Haki? Haki was used over and over in the whole whitebeard war, and a few other times pre time skip, however it was not depicted/drawn the same way as post time skip.

Blackbeard also stated that even without his devil fruit, ace was really strong ( heavily implied that he probably used Haki against him). Not to even mention as a kid he unconsciously used conqueror's haki ( that shows extremely high potential talent).

Also Haki doesn't always win against devil fruit powers. Though it hasn't been explained how it sometimes defeats/counters Haki . It could be something about how skillful you are with your Haki or even maybe a Haki trick/skill used/combined with your devil fruit powers. Examples ( Akainu vs vista/marco, Aokiji getting stabbed by Haki imbued whitebeard spear and then being fine).

So Ace could very well have been able to use Haki and probably did.

Even if we assume he didn't have Haki, how is it a plot hole? Ace Bounty could very well have been because of him having been second commander of the whitebeard pirates.

Also Jinbei had Haki. He and ace fought for 10 days straight. He probably didn't just use fire against Jinbei.

That said, i agree that Oda sensei have been really liberal in how he uses the relationship between Df vs Df or Haki vs Df. Examples Enel vs Luffy. Heat from electricity of that high of voltage will melt any rubber. I could go on, there are many examples that are not consistent. But i personally think that doesn't effect the plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I'm pretty sure Ace knew how to use haki.
It was never confirmed nor shown that Ace used haki (the only exception was that uncontrolled one in a flashback).
Unless Oda confirms Ace using haki it will be a plot hole.
The main reason I call it a plot hole is because he was a well known pirate and a high ranking member of the Whitebeard crew who should've been capable of it.

Biggest evidence that Ace never used something like armament haki is his fight against Smoker.
We all know Oda retconned haki into the story and I'm fine with that but that doesn't excuse this plothole. However it's easily fixed by having a former crew member commenting about his haki use.