View Single Post
Old 2008-07-16, 20:31   Link #1077
EternalMelody
Panzergeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
She is under Nunally's authority. In Area 11, she used her political power to put Kallen under her juristiction. Or do you think they just let people take prisoners out of their cells and let them get dressed in nice gowns? In her governatorial area, she has full custody of anyone she wants unless someone with more authority says otherwise. Suzaku is not one such person.

I said KoR have a small amount of political power, not no political power. He took control of public servants, that's not exactly high on the list of powers. He may be her assistant but he is still doing something behind her back, he needs her approval before he has the right of doing anything. Hence, he is breaking the law.

She does not trust him completely, they've pointed that out already. She's already begining to doubt him, and I think this next episode is going to be the culmination of that and it will bite Suzaku in the ass. He is exploiting her naivety, trust, and kindness for his own vendetta. He is no better than a common criminal at this point.

As I said, Guilford said that there were international laws for treating PoW. This is not overstepping Nunally's power, it is overstepping her trust, but it is much more overstepping international law and breaking it. This completely ignores the fact that refrain will not get him what he wants. It is not a truth serum, all he's going to hear from Kallen is about her brother and mother in their happiest times. Unless he plans on turning her into a junkie, at which point he below dirt.
To add into this,
If Suzaku really injects the Refrain, then he is a criminal because it is against the law to use Refrain, regardless of whom he injects it into. Remember in Kallen's mom episode? People who uses Refrain are considered criminals and are punishable by the law. Kallen's mom was sentenced for 20 years.
EternalMelody is offline   Reply With Quote