View Single Post
Old 2011-02-05, 00:40   Link #58
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenjo_Utena View Post
I don't want to go too far off track, but let me make some arguments here for the other mascot characters. Luna didn't make anyone anything, she "awakened" the sailor senshi from their millennium? long nap to fight against an enemy that was after them specifically.
Not quite. Queen Beryl was mostly out to conquer the Earth and free Metallia/Negaforce. If Usagi didn't fight, yeah, highly likely Beryl would have taken over. But same thing here: If Kyube doesn't get MG's, then the witches will take over humanity.

Quote:
Sakura-chan, it could be argued, was never in any mortal danger, ever. If she had lost, then the worst thing that would have happened is the Clow's legacy would have been lost.
If she chose not to fight, then yeah. But after Keroberos guilted ed her into it (worse than Kyube, IMO), she was at very real risk of dying. Firey card ring a bell? She almost drowned with Watery, too. I never read the manga, and it's been awhile since I saw the series, but she wasn't exactly safe with some of those cards.

This is drifting a bit off track, but suffice it to say that, compared to some magical animals, Kyube is a damn saint. Madoka is about the only potential MG that has been given the luxury of choosing not to fight. No one else had that. Well, Nanoha technically might have been able to get out of it later, but she chose not to.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote