Thread: Licensed Boku no Hero Academia
View Single Post
Old 2017-04-29, 09:42   Link #2846
Darius Drake

^ It takes some of the most central characters in Boku No Hero and makes it, and them, look like almost literally every other shonen story, right down to the teenage girl with large-for-an-adult sized breasts. And, remember, Uraraka's breasts are much smaller in the actual comic, so it's probable that this "version" of her would, in the stereotypical shonen story, end up upset at her sexiness not being enough due to breasts being too small, despite the fact that they are, as I have said before, large even for an adult woman. Seriously, those things should be half hidden by her clothes and the odd, nearly 180 degree spine twist thing she has going on, and they're still massive. (There's this thing, it's called a SPINE. It runs up the centre of a human's back and is one of the main stabilising points of their entire body. It is not supposed to twist so that the top is facing the opposite direction to the bottom.)

Then there's the expressions. The male three, fine. I can, begrudgingly, accept them. Deku's face is angry-determined (which is rare, but happens... for short periods of time, often just before he hurts himself), Bakugo's face is practically-a-villainous-scowl (which suits how outsiders seem to see him, but not who he is. Honestly, he'd be more in character if he had berserker-like-rage expression), and Todoroki's face is every-emo-male-lead-ever (which he kind of started as, but has since started facing his problems. I'd prefer a depressed expression from him). Okay, fine. Uraraka's, however, seems like full-on-ditz and that's not who she is. This is reinforced by her doing jazz-hands while walking and looking behind herself, and the fact that she's, for some reason, wearing pink shoes that don't go with the school uniform.

Yeah, I have to agree, that's Really Not Uraraka.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote