View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 17:45   Link #3088
KLGChaos
The Shermain

They weren't playing Russian roulette with their lives. Yeah, they were doing something risky, but as I said, that happens every day with a lot of different things people do. Bungee jumping, sky diving, etc. If someone keeled over, yes, I would help them. But the swim team didn't. They were highly trained and taking the risks on their own. It's not mine or anyone else's place to tell them how they should live. As for the delinquents, yeah, they probably shouldn't be smoking on school grounds, but if I remember correctly (not sure if I do, as I haven't read it in a while) Medaka also takes the cigarettes because "they're harmful to their health". Again, it's their decision. Not saying it's a good one, but it's theirs to make. As for the Kendo hall thing, I think it wasn't even being used at the time and they were Kendo club members, just delinquent ones.

And my understanding of Christianity, from those in my family that I've dealt with, basically says "God kicked us out of Eden because we disobeyed him and gained knowledge from eating the apple (basically, he wanted us to stay ignorant and submissive). Then, because of something the first humans did, all people born now come tainted with original sin and be baptized or go to Hell (or Purgatory). Oh, and you have to worship him if you want to go heaven, otherwise you go to Hell." Of course, I don't believe any this as I pretty much see religion as an institution designed to control people (do as we want you to or burn for eternity). Plus, I supposed a Jehovah's Witness is probably not the best source. But, I'm not here to start a religious debate. I'm just providing reasons for why I don't like some things about the manga. If you like it and love Medaka, that's fine. Different people have different tastes. Oh, and if you read through my post, I said people should be allowed to live how they want as long as they don't hurt other people. Taking something without paying would be stealing and is definitely under the harmful category.

That being said, I am looking forward to the Hitomi fight. I want to know why she didn't freak out when her son was declared dead. She should have been right up there with Medaka hysteria-wise. I just wish Nishio would turn down the action a little bit and focus more on the story. Feels like almost non-stop action since the flask plan started and I prefer my action with a bit more story (more like Naruto, less like Bleach).

As for the spoiler:

Spoiler: