View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 13:14   Link #183
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if there was some stupid twist at the end to combat the freeloader problem --> i.e. because too many people are not trying hard enough, there's not enough high-level people at the end to beat the game, and as a result, the top players have to wait for the low-players to grind through the game to the top level. Durrrrrrrrp, get pwnt!
whelp, in theory it'd add another 2+ years to the timetable... but comatose human bodies can probably only be maintained for so long in a hospital, so I'd imagine everyone would be dead before that happened. Of course that's probably part of the stress Asuna is suffering under, if we continue to assume she's running the boss clearing strategy meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So what happens if there's a glitch where a boss on say level 82 = does not get hurt so is immortal? Which devs go in to fix this glitch? lawl
Modern day MMO's are rife with 0day bugs, and even a 30d Beta period wouldn't be enough to resolve them all. Back when SAO was written the bugs tended to be less prevalent (likely people spent more time and money ensuring their products were ready on release day... or maybe my memory is just that bad).

[mod edit: removed novel hint]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-16 at 13:30.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote