View Single Post
Old 2007-05-06, 10:55   Link #3092
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Radiosity : oi... you didn't have to remove your sig heh ~~

Cyz : this is probably a futile advice but well : never use a glow to lessen some cut irregularities, it won't help, and can make the edge worse.
as for the whole sig, the concept is here, though the execution needs some tweeks (but rather honorable one for a beginner )
i will agree with Deathy : the red lines aren't really consistent and doesn't really have a good impact here.
try also to juggle with the fonts and format of the texts.
6/10

iluvnuriko : the ratio is pretty neat, the color fits nicely Syoran, Sakura and gives some effect of photograph.
I'm just nitpicking a bit about this color filter, since it doesn't give justice to the tones and shades of the picture, in example, their hairs (i would say a specific blending mode, and some additional layer with color burn, etc might do the trick)
the font of the text can be slightly tweeked i think ^^"
8.5/10

KiNa : well...i like how discrete but noticeable you put some "text interface" in the BG.
however, the style of this element is conflicting with the forms in the BG. (curved lines, stars and crescent moon hardly fit some tech UI)
CC picture suffers a bit of jagged cut, not too bad.
And, as a final nitpick, her face is a bit too bright with the rest of the pic.
8.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
klaksh - very good, but the middle dark triangle, what does it represent?
well, the dark triangle has lots of significations, like a Glass Shard, 2 sword slashes, a blue ray of light, etc etc. mainly put it as an abstract contrast.

Potatochobit : the animation appears to be a bit too sudden, without really a fluent loop. it is kinda solely focused on that peculiar scene, which gives some impression of "bigger avatar" in fact, but that's L*S anyway ^^"
8/10