View Single Post
Old 2005-12-29, 14:11   Link #20
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Screenshot comparison sites often provide more misunderstanding than they solve it. With that they provide *partial* information to the dumb leecher. They offer only *partial* encoding and typesetting feedback and information on who fansubbed the release. Other aspects such as translation, editing and timing get neglected.
Can't really show that with just screenshots can you

This is basically a take of WTF or We The Fans. An idea that didn't last too long because it was very stressful from what I was told. But that did have full stuff and all that other jazz.
Of course you can only show typesetting (fonts/colors and such) and some encode quality, thats what it is built as in a sense. In my opinion it would be too much of a hassle for me or anyone else to do a full comparison on all those other aspects (timing/editing) while at the same time staying unbiased and sane. I generally don't post any opinions or comments because I am already biased in the sense that I get "X' group over "Y" group. So my opinion would be moot.
I'll babbling on pointlessly, stop me now

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote