Old 2007-09-08, 21:57   Link #234
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
sorry for my bad english......
what did you meant by "If anyone wants, I can share my pillaging shovel.
"?
And I don't know if they changed names.. I have manga only in computer in japanese... And I can't read japanese lol.... But I have those first two translated volumes...But yeah, I never like name changing.
Haha, that's a quote from Richard the Undead Warlock from lftcomig.com

Spoiler:

And it's not really that they changed names, it's just that they're being sloppy and not paing attention to what they write. Throughout the english manga, the names and pronunciations are fairly accurate and I haven't been through a single error that I can remember.

Quote:
Yes, that's just plain sloppy editing and proofreading, really. All they'd need is a cheat sheet for each series with the correct/accepted spellings for all the proper nouns; that way every editor, proofreader, and translator can always know what the correct spellings are. With a little bit of diligence and attention to detail, they could easily avoid these sorts of amateurish mistakes. That being said, these sorts of errors (along with typos, grammatical errors, and so on) are far too common in published manga these days, not to mention anime. I'm not sure that I'm pissed off about it, but it sure is annoying if your brain is naturally attuned to catching those sorts of things.
Yeah I agree. Well, you could say that I'm a little too wary of little details like these, especially in manga and series that I really like. And did anyone notice that the V5 is a little thin as well? It has only three chapters instead of the usual 5-6, so I wonder if Peach-Pit started having issues around the time V5 was published. I haven't read it fully, but Shinku was really cute in Ch23 and Suisei-Seki's "Go for the spine!" had me laughing.

I really love this series ( judging by the fact that 200+ of the 6k posts in the RM:T thread are mine... ) , and so I'm keeping in touch with it little by little through the manga. I was really happy when they announced the first volume would be out in may of 06, and have been buying it ever since. Sucks that the B&N around here isn't keeping up with the releases, so I had to go take a look at other places to find it. But then I turn it around and alas, what do I see! "Sousuiseki". I was like "...". But oh well.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote