View Single Post
Old 2010-07-03, 14:36   Link #51
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I was trying to get around to playing the game a while back, but never managed to find the time for it amidst all the other things that were occupying me ... i guess this is my chance to get a condensed version of the story. And much as i remember a certain someone saying *waves at relentless*, this was an exercise in pure, unrestrained fluff.

And fluff it was; if there is one thing that stood out about this episode, it was just how busy it felt, and just about each and every one of those busy moments was in turn busy trying to induct me with diabetes, and nearly succeeding. It was almost a little overwhelming, but i will learn to live with it - after all i have nothing against fluff

The cast seems quite likable overall, and although they had a bit too many character introductions to get a proper feel for most of them, they still did fine in establishing the basic traits of their personalities and, for the most part, how their relationship dynamics work with each other. (Loved the twins and their antics - i have always had a soft spot for a snarky/gullible comedy duo).

From the females on their own, i found myself rather fond of Carina - while the rest fall inside more ready archetypes, it has been a while since i have encountered what is technically an ojousama, but doesn't really act like we are used to see them act, and wears her heart on a sleeve ... on that note i wonder if Leicester has done the impossible in managing to miss her more than obvious giganormous crush on him, but the answer is probably "yes" ... even though girls are falling left and right for him, he seems the type for whom it would fly over his head, until smacked directly in the face with it ... in the literal meaning probably ... ah well, all part of the franchise, will have to ride it out and see where (if anywhere) it takes us.

Overall i was rather satisfied with this start - while the episode was pretty crammed, it left me feeling that the show generally knows what it is and what it is trying to do, which is always reassuring. Hard to say where the plot leads from here (aside from deeper in to a sugary dose of lively fluff), but that should become clear soon enough. It won't be anything groundbreaking, but it looks to be gearing towards being enjoyable, which is what matters for me in the end.