View Single Post
Old 2010-08-13, 00:27   Link #23646
Feanor

I think Kallen, after the betrayal of the Black Knights believed that Lelouch was not actually that evil. She tried to protect him from the Black Knights and then he pushes her away. At that moment, Kallen must have really felt used. She was probably really messed up inside because here are the Black Knights turning on their creator, the man who has saved Kallen's life many times and done much to help her with her dreams. Then this man that she thanks for her life admits, "Oh yep, you caught me. I was really actually using all of you. And Kallen, remember that time I slipped you a ruffie, yeah, you don't want to know what happened then." So she leaves him and then he whispers to her to live on. She realizes that perhaps the whole, admitting he is a habitual user thing was his way of sparing her from the scrutiny of her comrades. She had plenty of time to figure out that that move might have been Lelouch acting in typical Zero fashion, saying or doing one thing, but really using that to further the goals of something completely opposite. Then Lelouch resurfaces and asks to join her people in the UFN. She is still super confused by what happened on the Black Knights flag ship and she gets her chance to ask him about it. At that point, I think she would have followed him to the gates of hell if he had told her that he needed her and that all this Emperor Lelouch stuff was really just his last move as Zero to bring peace to the world, to bring about her brother's dream. However, Lelouch, knowing that his plan would screw over anyone associated with him, did his best to stop this and so pushed her even further away. When Kallen kissed him, she realized that 1. Lelouch did not need her, for whatever plans he had, 2. he would not reveal those plans to her for whatever reason, 3. He did not love her as much as she wanted, he had chosen CC as his shield and Suzaku as his sword and there was no room for Kallen, and 4. she was in love with him. suddenly, kallen began believing that maybe Lelouch really is the demon everyone says he is. She could not help but feel betrayed, and not only that, but he spurned her love. I'm sure that that love went through a quick metamorphosis into hate and rage at Lelouch, which is why she went berserk to try to stop and kill him.