Thread: Crunchyroll Hourou Musuko
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-15, 21:25   Link #252
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^We manga readers aren't acting that way at all, so yes i'm a bit offended by that.
Don't take it personally, it never hurts any of us to have a laugh at ourselves

If I sound a bit defensive of the adaptation, it's because I consider it nothing short of miraculous that the story made it into anime at all - let alone in such high-quality form. When you think about how the Japanese market is polarised between families buying Chibi Maruko-chan and the 2ch boys fapping over Loli of the Month, noitaminA deserve a huge amount of praise for taking this show on.

Sure it would be wonderful if they could have adapted the entire story. But realistically that was never going to happen. And it's not like AIC skipped stuff for the hell of it, or because they thought they know better than the mangaka - they've made some tough decisions to fit the very tight constraints they have to work in. So rather than criticise them for what they haven't done, I'd rather appreciate what they have.

Right now the most constructive thing manga readers can do is help answer the questions any anime-only folk might have (in a non-spoilerish way of course). The more people we can encourage to watch the show, the more who might buy the DVDs and other merchandise - and maybe, just maybe, if sales are good enough someone might decide it's viable to fund an OVA of the back-story