View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 18:26   Link #30366
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
But then that personality can show up again. If it's revocable, nobody's ever dead.
I know. But in Umineko we see how in Ep 3 Shannon and Kanon were 'resurrected' and in Ep 4 how Sakutaro was (okay, he's not exactly a personality but he was dead). Ep 6 is all about 'resurrecting Beato' also.

So yes, the word 'dead' when applied to personality as a cheaper meaning than when applied to a body (because let's face it, even if there are cases of 'resurrection' after a physical death they can't be compared to the personality resurrection).

I'm displeased by how it work but it seems that's exactly how it was intended to work, at least for certain characters. Battler's death is more... permanent, yet this is probably just due to circumstances. If Battler's memory loss had lasted only few days and then he had recovered completely his memory, his Battler personality would have been dead for a few days only and then... resurrected.

There's to say the whole personality dead notion is introduced not in the real world but in the gameboard which obeys to rules that are different from the real world (in which Knox doesn't work, for example) and that we learn only later so maybe the idea is we aren't supposed to use human logic.

And no, I don't like it but I can't help but think that's how Umineko works.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote