View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 20:59   Link #105
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Just wondering - what do people reckon the extent of Erza's telekinesis was around the last time it could be checked? (weight/size liftable, force, range etc)
It's more limited to her magic and her control of weapons/armor. And it's not so much coming from her, as it is from her armor. Her Heaven's Wheel armor is usually the one with any kind of telekinetic powers, and that is limited to controlling multiple swords/spears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Kaijo
As I said in other post I want for this useless argument to die down so I'll only comment on few small things and will leave out the rest since you still don't get me.
It's one facet of human nature, that we really want people to understand us. Unfortunately, those who want to be understand, generally don't put out the effort to understand those around them. If you truly want to be understood, you need to understand other people first.

You want Fairy Tail to be more realistic. We explained what that realism would really mean. You chose to ignore that reality in favor of a reality in your head, that isn't reality at all. So, what you should have said was: "I want Fairy Tail to be written the way I want it to, to entertain me." And I kinda addressed that by saying that no series is ever written for one person, and no series will please everyone. Mashima is writing a series that appeals to many people, enough to keep it going, and that's just how it is.

Quote:
"I'm just letting you know what to expect"
That's the main problem... fiction, especially adventure and action one, are supposed to surprise audience and not give it what is expected all the time. It simply becomes redundant and shows lack of creativity on authors part.
Stuff like that is called cliche.
They are actually more accurately called tropes. If you haven't visited TV tropes before, I suggest you do. Every story in existence will use these same tropes/cliches, and the use of them is not, in and of itself, bad. You can't escape having heroes, and you can't escape having heroes confront the villains and fighting them. And at the end of the day, unless you are writing a tragedy, the heroes will beat the villains. Even subverting the trope/cliche, is just another trope/cliche. And at the end of the day, Mashima(and the studio supporting him) is gonna do what sells and makes him money. And he's making money currently.

The good news is, things do slowly change over time. Mashima has introduced concepts outside of typical shonen(strong males and females fighting together), and by showing that the fans will still stick to it, we can hold out hope that the next shonen manga to come along will pick up those concepts and introduce even more changes. If you think things are cliche and bad now, then you haven't seen ANYTHING. Go back and watch some earlier shonen, like Dragon Ball Z. The genre has evolved, and will continue to do so.

And for God's sake, don't go back and watch what we had to put up with in the 80's and 90's, heh. You wanna talk cliche? You don't know cliche! Compared to what we had, Fairy Tail is a huge breath of fresh air. The older fans among us know this, which is probably why we like Fairy Tail, because we know how different it really is.

Quote:
I have never even once asked for anything impossible. Everything I said could be easily used in FT setting without making it OOC. It would only make things better.
You wanted realism, and you wanted Natsu surviving being tossed from a tall tower and landing in the water. If we take those two things, we find that it is something that Natsu would not survive.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote