View Single Post
Old 2013-04-18, 08:52   Link #1642
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

As much as I love Ayase's appearances, outside of v9 I feel that she has been more of a side character. The series spent a lot more time on Kirino's ota-side, which stars Kuroneko, and she had the chance to "take over" during the time when Kirino is gone and carry over her importance during the time when she is dating Kyousuke.

I do not know how strong the feelings Kyousuke towards Kuroneko is. They have spent a lot of time together and Kyousuke doesn't seem attracted to Kuroneko until she gave him the kiss. I always feel Kuroneko only succeed because Kyousuke wanted the idea of having a girlfriend (doesn't matter who).

His attraction towards Ayase is on another level. He thinks she is pretty, to a point where he can use pictures of Ayase as stress relief during exam crunch time (he only checks them out... I think...... right?) - and I think that is important: because in reality looks *do* matter, especially when you are on the Ayase level. His reaction toward Ayase (rushing to her, and flirting around, aka "sexual harassment") is also unique to her: it reminds me of a child in love of someone.

Kuroneko and Ayase can be seen as two halves of Kirino: with Kuroneko representing the hardcore ACG fanatic and Ayase representing the pretty student model with a tsuntsun character.

If this is just a race between Kuroneko and Ayase, I would say Kuroneko has higher odds of winning.

I am an Ayase fan. Kuroneko is too much ota for me -_-.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote