View Single Post
Old 2006-04-04, 03:50   Link #50
Eugene
Barnarna Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshzilla
Slow down there. Do you know how expensive it is to purchase classical music for a tv show?
I have two words for you sir...

PUBLIC DOMAIN

...most all the music that was used in this anime technically falls under public domain so there wern't any roalty expenses that had to be paid... the only expenses were likely to a studio to record the music and an orchestra to play the stuff...

More on Public Domain here: http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/public-d.htm

I think the simple situation with this anime is a super tight buget... they didn't have the money to pay for all the work that goes into "tweening" animation cels n' all... so many scenes were left as static "slide show" frames.

I used to read this comic back when I was in High School... never read the first book untill now... started picking it up from Kinnokunia in Seattle, Wa back in 92 when issue #2 came out... followed it up to issue #6... funny that that's where the translations seem to have stopped too.

I knew there was an anime made about this but I haven't gotten a chance to see it until now (actually I did get a peek of one episode a few years ago.. but still...). It's odd how much different the cartoon is from the manga. I miss alot of the crude jokes and the insane selfish greedy bastard aspect of Hamel's personality.

Oh well.. still fun to watch... and see my old favorite comic... er... "slightly" animated...
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote