View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 20:34   Link #221
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Wow, just wow. I watched that episode with my mouth gaping open at the shock.

I had hoped for a happy ending, but after knowing the reason behind the postponement, I had to revise what I wanted for the ending. My prediction that Sekai would kill Makoto did come true after all, but I really didn't expect it to happen that. In fact, for a moment in the episode, I thought that wouldn't even happen after Makoto starting realizing that everything went wrong because of his selfish desires. The problem is that he went back to Kotonoha, which doesn't make much sense because before he said that being with Kotonoha is tiring and she doesn't relate to him as well as Sekai does.

Squirting ink instead of blood definitely looked weird though. Overall, I gave this series an 8, but the ending really went downhill. I think the appeal of this series was that it was so controversial and shocking. Each week, you'd never see what was going to happen and the producers always surprised me. I'd go through each week wondering what the hell would happen on School Days. I, for one, am looking forward to the special DVD endings. Hopefully, they'll be more satisfying. I'd rather have Makoto learn a lesson than see him die with no regrets. In fact, the game ending where Sekai kills Makoto is much more satisfying because Makoto actually gets a chance to talk.