View Single Post
Old 2010-01-14, 22:35   Link #62
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You're not accounting at all for the 3 admirals, 4 warlords (Mihawk, Moria, Kuma, and Doflamingo), and several other Vice admirals. Do you think these individuals are going to stand idle and let Luffy do as he pleases? I don't think so. Therefore, it's not going to be as easy to rescue Ace as you seem to suggest.
I did... It's just that I don't expect them to insta transmission their ass on the platform and be able to stop him uncuffing Ace. If they would stopped him, it would've been before he got to the platform. Now he only has to deal with the final line up which are Sengoku and Garp. Even WB's line of the will of D, suggests we're reaching the final.

And why would any marine high tail their ass over there when it's only a promosing rookie and (probably) the two strongest marines are on the job who they expect to totally outmatch Luffy. Let alone the shichibukai who are their just so they don't lose their title. No need for them to go out of their way to stop him.

And it seems to me they all got their hands full with doing what they're doing, seeing that the WB pirates aren't even breaching the line of defense more which this chapter showed they were succeeding awefully good in seeing they got Luffy close enough to have Inazuma create a path to the platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sorry, but I loves me some VAs. While I'm undoubtedly interested in seeing Garp dish out some Fists of Tough Love on his grandkid, I still crave some action from the other non-fodder VAs, as well (particularly Doberman, as I already noted before). After all, those guys are the strongest soldiers in the marines after the admirals (with the exception of Garp, of course), so I think those guys deserve their fair share of screentime, as well......
Don't get me wrong, so do I. If the serie left me dissapointed in one thing only it's the poor use of the VAs. I was hoping we could get an estimate of the strength of an average VA this war but it seems to me that Oda just gave them a poor treatment like always. And now their turn seems to be passed and I just think, well of to the bigger and better things then.

Guess I have to hope that he'll still use them over the couple of years (hopefully decades :P, pls let OP run for like 15 years still).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Well, my point was that I was kinda expecting a bit more from Marco since he's.... y'know, a freaking phoenix Zoan. But nope, all he did was get some seastone cuffs slapped on him, followed by laser rape from Kizaru. Maybe he'll do something amazing when he gets freed from those cuffs, but currently I'm kinda disappointed in the first division commander.....
I was majorly impressed bye him till he got haxxed. Slapping those seacuffs on him just shows how scared they are of him imo. That's like the biggest cheat you can imagine to defeat him. And even then he's still running around doing his best. I did expect even more of him and I hope he will show more (if?) when he gets rid of his cuffs.