View Single Post
Old 2010-09-26, 15:49   Link #779
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr View Post
I agree absolutely: I've just received my copy and had the chance to listen to the music- my initial thoughts are that it was not worth the forty Canadian dollars it cost to get it, although that isn't to say that most of the tracks are not impressive. The soundtrack has a lot of remixes that have a darker feel to them, and while well composed, isn't too original...I must say, some of the tracks resemble Kenji Kawai's works in Dark Water and Ip Man. It's worth the purchase for the die-hard fan and those who like remixes, but I was hoping for more original pieces than remixes. That said, most of what is on the soundtrack is excellent, so I would give it an overall rating of 3.5 of 5.
So which tracks are original? By extension, which tracks were remixed into the movie OST? Someone said a couple posts back that "Final Mission ~ Quantum Burst" was a remix of "Trans-Am Raiser". What about the others? As an aside, does anyone else think the movie poster/OST cover art looks like a Star Wars poster?

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2010-09-26 at 16:16.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote