View Single Post
Old 2011-03-17, 11:25   Link #225
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
After watching so many harem anime that either end with "nobody wins", "everybody wins", or the "1st Girl Rule", I've started to develop a bad case of "Groundhog Day" and watching any show involving 3+ female love interests is instantly greeted with violent cynicism in the prospect of the outcome being any different. In a technical sense, if Charlotte won the race, my main criticism of Infinite Stratos as being generic and predictable would be dispelled, resulting in a freakishly high score due to a massive inability to judge initial potential.
Personally, I have nothing against harem end. that's the best end one can hope for, everybody's happy that way. every anime that starts as a harem should end as a harem, imho...
the whole "choose a girl" thing usually feels forced or totally random, that's why I don't wanna see that; yeah, I agree that with Char is different, and it wouldn't feel forced in any way, quite the opposite. but still, it would be "unfair" towards the other girls, especially towards my Laura...

and no problem with "generic" and "predictable" here. Heck, IS's full of that, and I'm still enjoying it a lot.