View Single Post
Old 2008-11-27, 16:37   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

One point Minorin, three points Taiga. Despite the episode seemingly for Minorin's cause, they really just have to drop clues the size of anvils in Taiga's case. I mean, the dream scene (wow, Freud would've have a field day with that), the scene where Taiga understood Ryuuji's explanation of the bath incident (to humorous effect to boot), and the late night talk? There really should be no wonder where they're heading with this stuff in the end. It might not be this season, but eventually.

And wow, I aboslutely loved the scene in the beach with Yuusaku and Ami; that slow smile in the end there was just the perfect touch. I mean, Ami is a lot of things good and bad, but being perceptive is one of them. She figured out who Taiga and Ryuuji were pursuing rather easily, so it should be no wonder if she'd figure out Yuusaku's (of which before it's been implied it's the student council prez). Maybe the reason why she's so outgoing with Ryuuji is because she knows she can't get Yuusaku as of right now? That instead of being the lovelorn childhood friend, she turns the cliche on its ear and tries to seek other guys in the meantime? Really does make her a very interesting character, if that is the case.

All in all, best episode of Toradora this entire season. Personally, the usual comedy is just minorly amusing, and so development in the romance front is something I've been waiting for. And I got it this episode, and hopefully they do the same for the rest of the cour.