View Single Post
Old 2008-11-27, 17:02   Link #35
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

This episode was awesome. I really can't pick a favorite character out of the five of them now, probably because of the surprisingly large amounts of chemistry present within the whole group in addition to the nuanced character development for almost all of them, with the exception of Kitamura of course. Though, I have a feeling he won't be quite left out.. or at least that's what I'm hoping for. (Haven't read the novels yet! :X)

It's progressed to a stage where the relationships and characters get more complex. There's something interesting about every one of them that draws me back to the show, and I guess contributes to the wonderful group dynamics. I'm soooo lovin' this anime right now. It's a bit early to say but I have high hopes for it being the shining beacon of light of its genre.

Anyway, this episode's my favorite one so far. I love how everyone made significant/crucial progress/character development, and yet at the same time managed to be one of the funniest episode in the series. Random Minorin + Taiga's shower encounter ("HEY! BAKA CHI!") + Kitamura naked + Ami-chan = HILARITY = lots of LOLs.

The metaphoric conversation between Minorin and Ryuuji was pure gold as well. It hints at so many relationships and to me at least, throws the field wide open for everyone. Although it's obvious that Taiga and Ryuuji are destined to be together (and most probably will be at the end of the anime), how they get there is what makes it interesting. Suddenly, it's not just about the two of them anymore -- it's about 5 (weird.. or 'out of the norm') people and what happens between them, ie. friendship, love, camaraderie, etc.

In short, definitely 10/10. Anxiously anticipating the next episode! It's been consistent so far and I hope it stays that way.