View Single Post
Old 2009-06-22, 20:50   Link #78
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Having started with this series in its manga form and then watching the anime, at first I grew to love it being brought to life, but then characters became little more then a throw in to an episode just to get a two second laugh for anyone who managed to catch the reference from a show that was aired close to 20 years ago. Regardless of whether or not it was uncharacteristic on top of it all. Sure someone like Ayumu is going to run around with her arms out yelling "Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin" like it fits her personality (good luck figuring out what that was an homage to).
Those (read: pretty much everyone who picked up this show) who've read through the source material are obviously not going to enjoy the first season and much as the second. When you're going into it for the firs time ever, and the series manages to entertain you, you're going to see it the opposite. I'm all for the fleshing out of characters, but that's not exactly what hooked me to the series in the first place, so making the gradual change to the turn the second season took is a slow and bumpy one. Like I said, in due time I could quite possibly love the second season much more than I did the first... who knows at this point?