View Single Post
Old 2009-09-16, 20:12   Link #6
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreXav View Post
Horo's tears are what spices up every arc ;] [rest of comment snipped]
If the situation goes bad (which let's face it, it's doomed to), then I daresay her tears will probably be even more painful to her than usual. Once she realizes it was her selfishness that has caused Lawrence to lose everything (which let's face it, he's doomed to), I worry that a two things are likely to happen:
- Lawrence will have to plainly admit why he let it happen.
- Horo will be too scared to face Lawrence and will actually put serious distance between them somehow.

I do believe that Abe and Howard are simply planning to ditch Lawrence with the money, but do not really have the heart to crush Lawrence and Horo completely. They don't seem like mustache-twirling evil villains to me, just desperate to get out of town before your aforementioned riots break out. They might at least leave him the inn as collateral, like they said they would.

I do wonder what Lawrence's backup plan will be in the event that inn isn't feasible. He seemed rather confident about being ready. If he doesn't have one this time then he probably deserves to lose Horo. My guess would be a contract signing away everything he has, and since he is a member of a large guild such a gambit might just work without him having to personally deliver the coins by hand.

That leaves your bet.. it seems likely it will be at least whatever Lawrence has with him plus the inn/contract transferring all of his assets. What's the going price of an inn that size in those days? Just how much did Lawrence and Horo earn in their scheme with Amarti? I don't know the answer to either.

Ah, that's enough idle speculation. I hope I'm wrong with all of this and the author has me fooled completely