View Single Post
Old 2010-08-01, 09:09   Link #557
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For whatever reason, I have never been much impressed by Inoue Marina's work. Maybe it's my imperfect Japanese. HoTD doesn't change that, since I just hear surface angstiness and no emotional substance, myself. And until recently, Tsukiumi in Sekirei has just sounded artificial to me. Now I begin to get the humor. And I do enjoy Marina in Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru.

I like her looks and personality. j1m0ne probably knows something I don't (she knows a lot I don't), but Marina seems to me to continue to get plum roles, such as in HotD. She's not headed for huge stardom, however, it appears, just for being a solid pro. And her intelligence and overall ability do make it possible that she will branch out into other areas. According to the lists in Japanese Wikipedia, she is now getting even more game roles (no ero-games, it seems) than anime roles.

As for Omigawa Chiaki, she is one of the few amateurish-sounding seiyuus that really does give me trouble. I have trouble hearing past that flat voice. Although I am coming to enjoy her in Seitokai Yakuindomo now.

To compare her sound with HanaKana or Noto Kawaii.... I haven't listened carefully to a lot of Omigawa-san's work, but I do think that HanaKana and Noto Kawaii can sound unlike their most popular voices (e.g., in Darker than Black 2 and in Mnemosyne, respectively). Whereas I have never heard Omigawa-san sound anything but flat. They definitely have far more professional voices than she does, with more life in them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-08-01 at 10:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote