View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 01:59   Link #587
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*sigh*

Lots of things to like in ep4, but Sorata is a character I have problems with. Bluntly put, he's an overreacting idiot. So he's got his priorities wrong without realizing it at first - fine. His pseudo-self-loathing scene in the rain was the second time I wanted to punch him. Man up for chrissakes. But in the end, when he was in this ridiculous panicky rush, I only wanted to toss him into the acid pits. So - I'm sorry - unlike others I'm not happy with the writing for this episode. The melodrama was way overdone, less would have been much more. If you want to create a mostly "normal" character, please avoid inconsistent overreactions like this.

So, while I still really enjoy the series, please try for a bit more balanced writing.

Oh, and whoever dumps on J.C.Staff in a general way is clueless about anime. Yes, they can be hit-and-miss, but their hit rate way overshadows their wrecks. If a show I like was to be animated, I'd take J.C.Staff over 75% of the competition.
For once I agree with you. I thought it was way overdone myself. Though, I'm surprised you thought so, considering you enjoy KNIM, which had a ton of melodrama itself. :P Kanda at the end just made me want to facepalm. The panicking and yelling just felt so out of place.

I've liked what I've seen from J.C. Staff, too. Nodame Cantabile is still one of my favorite animes.