Thread: Licensed Toradora! Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-31, 16:03   Link #108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I agree that Taiga is abusive and ungrateful. However, there are a few points in which I see differently from you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering Taiga rough and strong demeanor against Ryuji despite she barely meet him at the start, it pretty much proves that she would go panzer with any stranger breaching a certain point of her intimate self.
She's a tiger to anyone but Minori and Kitamura. That's how she got her nickname. I don't think she's especially bad to Ryuji, he just gets more of it because he spends more time with her.

Quote:
And honestly, I absolutely have hard time to swallow that he would be okay to be forced to postpone his attempts with Minori, just because Miss tiger WANTS her happiness before her servant.
I think, consciously or not, he's just glad of the excuse to procrastinate. As long as he doesn't tell himself "I have to confess now", he isn't as tongue-tied as Taiga, but if he were to actually pursue Minori (instead of, for example, using his eyes as an excuse not to just ask her out), he'd be every bit as afraid or more. That's why he admires her "courage". In a way, helping Taiga gets him more and more used to Minori. Maybe one day he'll actually have the guts to have a good, one on one conversation with her or something.

Quote:
I never said it would be never happen. However, he has nothing to gain here. of course, like I said before, he is the type of character that doesn't need reason to help someone. That said, the problem here is that he would have much less trouble without Taiga.
Thanks to Taiga, he went from "classmate" to "friend of her best friend". He occasionally talks with Minori. Without Taiga, he'd still be stuck watching her from afar.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with you here: I honestly cannot see how the belittlement is playful. it might be "funny" for the readers for the slapstick, but I really have issue of how it can be considered as laughing matter for actual characters.
That is actually the reason why I pointed her inability to consider her surrounding. "Me, me, ME FIRST!". Okay, most people are obviously selfish (absolute selflessness is extremely difficult to imagine with human), but when you hereby focus in detriment of others, to the point of imposing yourself, this is not acceptable.
Everyone has their granted right to be happy, but if it requiring the opposite for others or stalling others' happiness, that is certainly a big problem here.
I don't think she'd try that hard to separate them. She first said it to punish him for saying to insistently they had no ties at all, and she never went back on it. She did accept to go at the family restaurant almost every day just so he can gaze at Minori without saying anything much. That can't have been fun. Not after the first two or three times, anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote