Thread: Licensed Scryed (S-cry-ed)
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-31, 12:48   Link #8
Silver_Scorcher

S-cry-ed (DVD)

With all of the DVD's out, what are your thoughts on it? I found Scryed to be a melding of X-Men and Dragonball Z. The huge difference being that the fights here took a fraction of the time DBZ did and were far more exciting to watch. I also found the rivalry between Kazuma and Ryuho to be similar to that of Goku & Vegeta. The ending to me was pretty lame, but then again that's nothing new for most anime.

The DUB was absolutely horrendous! And I'm speaking as someone who likes dubbed anime. Ryuho sounds like a friggin wuss and Kazuma well... I can't put my finger on it but he's no badass that's for sure. And Scheris sounds like she has a cold. The only characters that sounded alright to me were Cougar and Zigmarl, but they don't save the quality of this DUB. Bottom line, the DUB sucks and is agonizing to the ears, and the Japanese had far superior acting so I stuck to the original Japanese the whole time.

Overall I really liked this title. IMO it's woefully lacking in the plot department, but it makes up for that with great animation and intense fights. If your into lots of action and super-powers, you should get a hold of this one.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote