View Single Post
Old 2012-05-22, 16:23   Link #3146
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I finished Bastion and found myself clapping as the credit roll. The game is not without flaws but several characteristics such as atmosphere, music, narrative style, endings, role-play(lol Masseffect3), and gameplay(depending if you like the genre) have made this one of the best game I have ever played. Contrary to most assertions I heard, the gameplay was not "easy as hell" or at least for me. It was pretty slow initially but by the end of the series I felt myself unstoppable with each word Rucks narrates. The moral choices and several choices at the end is quite thought provoking. I wonder why there is still not a thread in this forum about such a fantastic game.
I actually finished Bastion a couple of days ago as well and I wholeheartedly agree with you. The game was really easy though but the charm of the story more than makes up for it and since I've always been draw mostly to story-driven games I couldn't be happier.

And since I'm talking about story-driven "games"... Since I haven't had much time for anything lately I've picked up Analogue to check out in the little bit of time I did manage to scrape and it's just such an amazing story. It's brutal though, I'll give you that, and no amount of cute 2D girls is going to fix that.