View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 00:01   Link #1456
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

To be honest, the magic themselves were forced into a tight spot because of all the bad decisions they made in the past. After that trip to the 2009 finals, they practically got worse out of a sudden. Their risks just weren't falling. I'll actually give them a C for them because most of the picks they got are going to be lottery protected, and when you have the Lakers, Nuggets and 76ers all fighting for playoff or championships, there isn't much chance of you getting lottery picks. Maybe they might get solid pickups in the draft, but the chances of them doing so is worse than the Patriots picking up Tom Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmos View Post
This league is turning into crap again for me. Knicks blow money on collecting ex-Nuggets and 'geezers.' Brooklyn Nets, bleh. Teams pursuing championship rings have 3-4 current all stars and still have good-great bench. Knicks and Nets will likely make playoffs cause there're so many seemingly crappy teams. All will fold to the 4 star-padded teams though, it would be nice if they failed and I am wrong but the coming season looks predictable. (Knicks really only have Melo and Chandler, Stoudemire and Kidd haven't been performing great for some time)

I just tuned into NBA again after long years of pretty much ignoring it. Being a follower of Knicks basketball, I only started reading about them, not watching, after the Carmelo trade. With the Linsanity thing I started watching the Knicks and cautiously hoping it's going somewhere. Now it's probably back to forgetting about the NBA. I probably won't live to see a Knicks championship and the only thing they're champs of is in money spent and nothing to show.

I'm not a Lin fan, not a Melo fan, not a real Knicks fan for over 10yrs or so. I'd return to being one when the disappoinments are fewer, just a fan of the sport as always. Dolan's probably to blame so I'm going to hop on that bandwagon.
Should've kept Lin, which is a no on Felton. Lose JR Smith, Stoudemire honestly. Liked what happened to Landry, Novak, Camby, Brewer. Prigioni probably good. Unsure of Kidd, Thomas.
I believe Knicks have bad trainers or something to let go of young, developing players for years to collect old, banged up players who don't perform half as well as they're paid. Lots of teams do it, but Knicks like to overpay them.
I'll say that it's more of bad management of players. They're trying for the homerun, but missed because of the lack of proper timing and technique. That's why Nolan failed.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote