View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 12:33   Link #20026
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Where was it stated that AMF is specifically designed to work against Mid and Belka magic types?
I see the AMF as something that interferes with the mage's ability to output magical energy. In principle, it should be equally effective against any form of magic.
Ah... yes....

the usual reply...

Well they are the more clear and present threat to him at the moment- the 'apparent lack of variety' of the target/s can make one say that it was designed to counter those kinds of targets- if there was/were an incident that involved another form other than the standards, that would be a different matter.

Well i have my own principle on how AMF interferes/cancels magic linking

And it is based on how some Active Noise Control Systems work.

the AMF generator takes a sample of the waveform of the emitter- which is pretty uniform even across different mages of the same Canon (some Canons like Mid/Velka)- hence the similar sigil.

then the generator emits an 'antiwaveform' so that when the two waveforms meet, they basically cancel out, leaving a waveform that is too weak for the mage for any proper linking/transmission. mages that do manage to operate in AMF have higher "pitch" and the same wavelength and frequency

I believe some Magical Canons have a "'varied' waveform" across different mages of the same Canon and hence not easily taken down by AMF- or mages that have waveforms that alter constantly due to certain factors. Magic forms that are 'commonly referred' to as weak... (as to Mid/Velka)

but as always a strong enough AMF is enough...

And if you're going to bring in the EMP concept, remember that it takes a certain waveform to fry out circuitry and wiring.

Sorry i forgot my books on Wave Theory- but part of the basic concept is there.