Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Kicking this party off with the Akatsuki arc of StorieS

Spoiler for Promises of Today part I:

EDIT: Kinda cheap but hey I want this 20k get.

And not forgetting..

"THIS! IS! OUTER CADIA!!!!!!!!!!"

"ORE TACHI WO, DARE DA TO OMOTTE YAGARU?!"
I'm getting this harem vibe from that little bit, but not matter, it was a good write XD. Nice 20k post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for ”Low Key Celebration”:

Congratulations OC

AND TORMENK WINS 20K!!!!!!! And with a scenario no less!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
That was not Low Key . But it's fitting.

Lowe: It's not time to go home yet, is it? I'm still a little to red in the face.
Kagerou: That's alright, we'll just say you were shot down and are missing in action.
USB: *laughs* That's pretty harsh, Kagerou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

And yet the road is still infinite.

Spoiler for OVER 20,000!!!!!!!!:

Btw, preview for Blank of 6 Months I.

Spoiler:

Enjoyable at the least. Both pieces of writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Sometimes the curse turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I had forgotten the infecting abillity the flood part of the spawn had, but with Neltharion's corruption litterally burning away the infection, I can safely say "hell yes!"

Ultralisks may be tough, but they're no match for someone who took on a Bio-Titan.

Although she's aready out for a few weeks in doing so. >_< Ah well, that's Keroko for you. At least she has very able bodyguards watching over her.
Indeed . Keroko may be beat up, but she'll get better and kick more ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
My gripe with Power Armors is not the plate, as we know Signum wears plated protectors, Hayate has plate sideguards, Vivio and Keroko have plate covering their stomach and sides and so on and so on, my problem with power armor is the gizmos and wires inside the armor that, basically, makes them robots on their own.

Why?

We already know that normal mages not wearing Power Armor can do pretty much everything someone with Power Armor can do, and then some. Why do they need a bulky armor with all sorts of chips that allow it to move more freely then it should, when a mage without it can do the exact same thing? It doesn't give any advantages. If anything, all the technollogy only makes it more receptive to breaking down during a fight. And we know that mages can match a similar performance just fine, so why do we need masses of mages wielding Power Armor for any other reason then 'it's cool?'

To answer your question of having one ellement, and throwing the other away... I do disagree that as a justification for Power Armors. We have two elements in Nanoha, fantasy and sci-fi. The fantasy element is provided with things such as magic, familiars and dragons. The sci-fi ellement is provided with things such as dimensional spaceships, cyborgs, clones and devices.

The two already balance eachother out as they are, if anything, Power Armor would be the one which would throw away the fantasy side in exchange for the sci-fi.

Barrier Jackets are the main form of armor in Nanoha, they can take on any shape the user desires, from skirts to swimsuits to knight armor, and they all do the same thing: Protect and support the user. Why would you need an armor with all that technojunk? Just create a plate barrier jacket! Same results, much cheaper, more sturdy, the list goes on and on.

You asked 'Where are the knights in shiny machine armor on robot battle chargers?' the answer is simple: They don't exist. In fact, they don't exist for the same reason shiny machine armors don't exist: Why would they have them? By the time magic became the main practice, they long since had bikes, cars and helies, why would they make a robotic horse? Just stick a mage on a bike and you're done.
Good argument. I still propose that Power Armor is useful in limited amounts, but overall, I believe that your standard Barrier Jacket/Knight Armor is still just as useful.

IMO Powered Armor should be used when you need a little edge in some area. The OFM are primarily BlackOps operatives with a stealth penchant, and some Enforcers need to sneak in an area - and not everyone knows illusion spells. Hence the Ghost Armor.

Quote:
Well Nelthy is a double-edge sword after all so this is one of the times he's proving helpful.

Nasty and threatening for something like the Spawn. Melikes

Quote:
So Vita's not a virgin?
...WHAT ARE YOU INSINUATING ABOUT MY- *hammer'd*

Vita (blushing): "U-Urusai! A-and I haven't d-done anything like that!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Kagerou
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:

This story reminds me why I lurk the internets. This has that hard feeling of a spec-ops group, and yet keeps the focus on the man, not their machines. It helps introduce a new reader to why the group has weapons, and it combines the feel of CIA blackops, with the personal feelings of our characters. I like how you addressed hotblood in a real fashion, and the reference to the CC, Fate. This story is somehow, uplifting. I can read the character's emotions and development quite well. Is there more of this @verse?
Yeah, I have about another twenty-five chapters after I finish up Chapter One , not to mention all the little random extras that might show up in between. The OFM shorts before this one kind of give a clue on how things so, though I usually write ones heavy on the action while Goose writes the more proper ones XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
Spoiler for St Kaizer's Day:

I still do not get going from hard Magic, to some of the best fluff lovey-dobey [EDIT NOTE I LIKE THAT STUFF SUE ME] writing, is one of those talents that never ceases to amaze me. The interactions are nice and cute, yet don't feel like the character's ages are too young for me. The end paragraphs made me feel a slight happiness inside, and that clinched it for me. This is a great job!
I'm not really used to writing "harder" stuff, just "easy" sci-fi/fantasy/etc. Fluff and WAFF come a bit more naturally to me than angst and crack do. Thanks for the compliments though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

Spoiler for Last One Standing:
Oh dear god... you wrote it... and you didn't dive too far into crack like I thought you would. Excellent job!