Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 07:03   Link #2932
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by morli View Post
Does dices have a pattern? I already read the yuri translation and still doesn't understand the relation between number two and snake
Could anyone explain it?

And judging from what Akado sensei said, it seems Shizu has multiple ability or multiple level based on dices...
The dice decide where to cut the wall to make "dead wall"

== ----
||0000|
000000|
|00000|
|00000|
--------

*the wall after the dead wall is established*

(there are supposed to be 14 stack for each wall, but I'm too lazy forgive me)

(- and | is normal wall) (= and || is dead wall) (0 is blank cause apparently I can't put too much space in this forum)

so there are 2 horizontal stack (4 tile) wall tile (=) (because the dice is "snake eye" *double 1* = 2) + 5 vertical stack (||) making it 7 stack

==
||
|00000|
|00000|
|00000|
--------

*the wall look like after player get their starting tile*

Awai's ability is to kan before the turn between wall

==
||

|
|00000|
--------

*when the wall look like that*

then she ron after the said wall is finished

==
||

|
|
-------

*like this*

what shizu's imagine breaker did is that she *nullified* / *erase* awaii's ability to ron, therefore making FunaQ confuse as why awai didn't ron / take too long to ron that shizu is able to ron back... so --->

==
||

|
|
-----

*normally awaii ron when the tile look like this*

==
||

|
|
---

*Shizu's imagine breaker at work, erasing awaii's ability to ron --> the draw goes on without awai ron*

==
||

|
|
-

*shizu ron awai*

*FunaQ is super confused*

I can't see it clearly from the manga, but the snake eye (2 vertical dead wall) probably means that after awai's kan is Shizu's turn, thus we see akado wondering can Shizu overcome awai's ron or not (which she did)

Sorry if the explaination is unclear ^^;

(hmmmm I don't think shizu's ability need to have the dice in specific number to work, but I don't know~)

Last edited by eavein18; 2013-02-13 at 07:33.
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote